So I will be leaving in a couple weeks for Europe. I leave to Paris with my mother and stay in that city for just a couple of days. Then we take the train to Brussels where my dad will fly in and meet us and we'll spend a few days there, exploring their old home. Then my mom will take a plane back home and my dad and I take a train to Köln. From Köln, my dad and I will rent a car, and drive do Munich in a week's span of time. Overall this trip will be 2 weeks!
I'm more than excited! Going to Europe has been one of my biggest goals in life, and this is such a great oppurtunity. When my granmother passed away a year ago, she left some money to my family asking us to do something I would remember for the rest of my life-and this trip is it!
I've been trying to imagine what it's like over there, as if it were some completely different world, which it might be! I wouldn't know! I've been trying to plan out everything too, just so I know exactly what I'm going to do without wasting time. Here's a list of the things I want to do/ see
Paris The Louvre, Musée de la Musique(Museum of Music), Eiffel Tower(duh), little cafés, open markets, Notre Dame, Opera house! (althought I'm not sure if I'm up for some french opera, my mother who gets bored easily will be accompaning me, and well..), Père Lechaise Cemetery(see Bizet, Jim Morrison, Chopin, Rossini, Oscar Wilde, etc)
Brussels chocalate and lots of it! Mannequin Pis, drink beer, Grand Place (we'll be missing the Flower Carpet, but that's okay), Musical Instruments Museum, MIlitary History Museum(as you can see, I've gotten lazy about giving the names in French...),
Germany Neuschwanstein Castle , Nuremberg(zoo, music museum, i think there's a memorial from the nuremberg trials, TOY MUSEUM), more beer and wine, Black Forest, Romantic Road etc.... we'll be driving around aimlessly I'm trying not to go all organized on this part of the trip, random events should create timeless memories :)
And that's it for now! Pictures to be posted soon! and expect a full report when I get back home
No comments:
Post a Comment